Up to 25% of your home’s heat is lost through poorly insulated attics.
How attic insulation works
Attic insulation works by creating a barrier to the hot air which is rising from the lower levels of your house towards the roof.
Hot air rises and it will easily escape through your roof unless you place something in its way. The air pockets in insulation trap that hot air and prevent it from being lost into the atmosphere.
It is recommended that at least 300mm thick insulation is used in the attic of all homes. At this level, the least amount of heat will be lost. In most cases insulation is made from mineral wool or natural wool.
Application of Attic Insulation
Earthwool Loft Roll Insulation is primarily used for the thermal insulation of pitched roofs at ceiling level and it can also be used to thermally insulate floors. When used to insulate at ceiling level it is usually laid in two layers, with the first layer between the joists and the second thick top layer over, and at right angles to the joists.
Benefits of Attic Insulation
1. Prevent half of the heat generated in your home from disappearing through the roof.
2. You could save up to €143 each year by simply installing loft insulation.
3. Reduces gas/ electricity costs.
4. Less carbon emissions produced.
5. Your home will be warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
6. You will have fewer problems with condensation.
7. Improved BER rating which will have a positive effect on the value and saleability of your home.
FREE House Build Estimate – Call Fintan 086 047 1053
Brooks Business Centre,
071 915 3412